Gas Technician 3
A Gas Technician 3 (G3) Certificate of Qualification is a mandatory pre-requisite for anyone entering the industry as a Gas Technician.
This is an entry level program for those individuals wishing to start a career in the Gas Technician trade or those seeking to upgrade their skills in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning industry (HVAC). To obtain a Gas Technician 3 Certificate of Qualification, students must:
- Complete standardized training, delivered by a Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) accredited training provider such as Appliance Technical Institute of Canada, in accordance with the TSSA training profiles and curriculum.
- Achieve a passing grade of 75% on TSSA theoretical examinations and practical assessment upon completion of Gas Technician 3 course training.
- Maintain an 80% attendance record throughout the training program.
The G3 course will help prepare students for the TSSA theoretical examination and practical assessment for Gas Technician 3 Certification. This program covers the G.3 modules 1 to 9 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
Students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies, to provide them with the full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories they will require as Gas Technician 3 certificate holder.
As part of every program we also offer job search assistance.
This course is accredited by the TSSA and complies with the training curriculum requirements of the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000.
- Module 1 – Protect Self & Others
- Module 2 – Fasteners, Hand Tools & Testing Instruments
- Module 3 – Properties, Characteristics & Safe Handling of Propane & Natural Gas
- Module 4 – Installation Codes, Acts & Regulations
- Module 5 – Introduction to Electricity
- Module 6 – Technical Manuals, Specifications, Schematics, Drawings & Graphics
- Module 7 – Customer Relations
- Module 8 – Introduction to Piping & Tubing Systems
- Module 9 – Introduction to Gas Appliances
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
Tuition Cost $6,500
This price does not include administration fees for funded students. Prices are subject to change.
Full-time: Monday – Friday: 9AM – 5PM
Part-time: Monday | Wednesday | Friday : 6PM – 11PM
Select A Program
- Gas Technician Programs
- Appliance Training Programs