Gas Technician 3
A Gas Technician 3 (G3) Certificate of Qualification is a mandatory pre-requisite for anyone entering the industry as a Gas Technician.
To obtain a Gas Technician 3 Certificate of Qualification you must: Complete standardized training, delivered by a Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) accredited training provider such as Appliance Technical Institute of Canada, in accordance with the TSSA training profiles and curriculum. In order to write the Gas Technician 3 licensing exam with TSSA, you must achieve a passing grade of 75% on TSSA theoretical examinations and practical assessment upon completion of Gas Technician 3 course training, and maintain an 80% attendance record throughout the training program. This course is accredited by the TSSA and complies with the training curriculum requirements of the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000. The course will help prepare you for the TSSA theoretical examination and practical assessment for Gas Technician 3 Certification. This is also an entry level program for those individuals wishing to start a career in the Gas Technician trade, or those seeking to upgrade their skills in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning industry (HVAC). This program covers the G.3 modules 1 to 9 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
Students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies, to provide them with the full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories they will require as
Gas Technician 3 certificate holder. This course is a part-time 12-week program; three evenings per week from 6:00pm to 11:00pm. Once the students have successfully completed their training, they will have gained hands on skills and a Gas Technician 3 certificate. As part of every program we also offer job search assistance.
- Module 1 – Protect Self & Others
- Module 2 – Fasteners, Hand Tools & Power Tools
- Module 3 – Properties, Characteristics, Safe Handling of Propane & Natural Gas
- Module 4 – Installation Codes, Acts & Regulations
- Module 5 – Introduction to Electricity
- Module 6 – Technical Manuals, Specifications, Schematics, Drawings & Graphs
- Module 7 – Customer Relations
- Module 8 – Introduction to Piping & Tubing Systems
- Module 9 – Introduction to Gas Appliances
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
Course Cost $3,500
This price does not include administration fees for funded students. Prices are subject to change.
Full-time: Monday – Friday: 9AM – 5PM
Part-time: Monday | Wednesday | Friday : 6PM – 11PM
Select A Program
- HVAC Training Programs
- Appliance Training Programs